How COVID-19 effected Air Conditioning Indstry
As we all know, humanity is facing a huge break down to daily life
We are on the verge of a huge revolution and adoption of new technologies to save our country, save our people. Heating and Ventilation was a major part of environmental control and safety of premises. But this was ignored only Hospitals and medical institutes were engaged for maintaining safety protocol.
But now the situation changed due to COVID – 19 or Corona Pandemic.
Please find below the guideline >
As prevention, some of the safety measurements need to take immediately to stop spreading CORONA.
01. Changing of Filters :
- As per guidelines, MERV 13 Filter needs to be integrated into the Air Handling Units (AHU), Fan Coil Units (FCU), etc.
Media: Non-woven polyester stitched with Al expanded metal mesh
Sealant: PU-resin adhesive
Guard: Expanded Metal Mesh
No. of Folds: 26
- Fresh Air Intake needs to provide where permissible. at least 10% filtered fresh air need to introduce in the system to prevent spreading corona.
- UVGI filter for each AHUSpecifications:
IP Rating : UL2043 & 1995
Usage: Inside AHU
Lighting Color: Ultra Violet
Light Stand: 9000 -12000 Hours.
Normal Current: 415 VAC
UV output: 425 Mega Amps
Glass Filter: GE
UV Radiation: 144
- Proper maintenance of Air handing Unit needs to carry out regularly basis.
- RH factor needs to monitor closely to prevent any bacterial, or fungal growth in the Cooling Coils.